About the Quartz Corp:
The Quartz Corp is a major supplier of High Purity Quartz Sand. Our quartz products are world-class thanks to access to the world's cleanest quartz raw material, modern manufacturing facilities in the United States and Norway, as well as dedicated employees, enabling us to supply high purity quartz sand to global customers. Our end product goes to the solar cell, semiconductor, electronics and optics industries. The Quartz Corp AS in Norway currently has ca. 70 employees, with modern facilities at Drag in Nordland, an area with plenty of nature experiences, perhaps in Norway's most beautiful scenery.
Our quartz products are world class, and subsequently the company has experienced rapid growth over recent years. R&D is highly emphasized, and a qualified staff, well-equipped laboratories and strategic partners are key resources.
Would you take this opportunity to work in the team of one of the world's largest manufacturer of High Purity Quartz in a dynamic and exciting working environment?
Take this opportunity to apply for an exciting career.
- Driving continuous improvement project activities including engineering calculations for the process parameters, equipment sizing, cost modelling etc.
- Develop project scope definition, capital requirements, deliverables, risk assessment, tracking, cross-functional team requirement etc.
- Project planning, scheduling, and tracking of project timelines of the assigned projects.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate corrective actions if necessary.
- Taking on the responsibility for coordinating with other cross-functional teams like Operations, maintenance, supply chain and contractors for engineering and design requirements.
- Responsible for generating engineering drawings (2D/3D) with BOM, Design analysis, reviewing vendor and contractor submissions or help of vendors and releasing for fabrication.
- Resolve problems during the start-up of new equipment and processes and establish routine operating parameters.
- Plan and assist with new plant commissioning, project status update to all the stakeholders regularly and prepare risk mitigation plan if necessary.
- Lead/Participate in lean six sigma projects which functionally and financially contribute to pure Quartz business.
- Partnering with Operations and Support Functions to develop plans to identify and address current and future challenges through the use of Lean tools.
- Support Continuous Improvement Framework development (Standard Work, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, Kaizen, visual controls, process standardization)
- Documentation including training plans, operation manuals, maintaining data in ERP software.
- Undertaking training and development courses were identified for career development.
- Plan and/or assist with process test or evaluation trials at external vendor’s facilities and prepare reports and recommendations.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Excellent communication/ people skills
- Attention to detail coupled with excellent prioritization skills
- Persistence/ resilience
- Possesses strong mathematical skills, reasoning ability and the ability to define problems/opportunities, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work in multilevel team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Bachelor’s/Masters in Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing is preferred.
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience in a related field.
- Must have 1-3 years’ experience in the complete Project management life cycle.
- Proficient in CAD tools (AutoCAD & Inventor), Office tools, MS Project and ERP software’s.
- Certifications in Lean six sigma and Project management are desirable.
- Knowledge on Mineral processing technology is highly desirable.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional teams, Vendors and workers.
Reports To: IT Manager
The IFS Systems Analyst will be supporting an implementation team in the planning, development, and execution of The Quartz Corp IFS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. The functional scope of The Quartz Corp IFS project includes the following components: understanding existing process flows, system configuration, reports, database structure, training, and collaboratively identifying and connecting gap areas. The IFS Systems Analyst will act as the primary contact for IFS users while specifically supporting functional areas of the IFS system (e.g. procurement, sales and distribution, logistics, service and maintenance, manufacturing, and finance).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
In conjunction with an internal team and an external vendor, provide general consistent support of the core components within the IFS application and the SAP Webi application, managing and escalating support issues as required.
Work jointly and guide “subject matter experts” in the areas of IFS configuration and business process analysis.
Prioritize and resolve issues with relation to the IFS ERP and SAP Webi.
Plan and manage system upgrades, patches, and changes. Work with TQC users, internal resources, and external resources to accomplish these items.
Liaising with business departments on additional training needs for IFS users and prioritise the same.
Participating in the data management process to provide a robust framework for coordinated data migration with the business.
Participate in the extension of IFS into relevant processes or locations that would benefit from system integration.
Coordinating the planning and support of any future development/enhancement in IFS and SAP Webi.
Act as a validation point for procedures and user guides in IFS and SAP Webi.
Support the business in refining and analysing business process improvements in IFS.
Craft database queries as necessary. Knowledge of MS SQL, PL SQL, and Oracle is necessary to support our systems.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Exceptional skills in communication, problem solving, and documentation are required to be successful in this position. Likewise, a strong customer orientation, attention to detail, and the ability to operate individually and as part of a team are necessary to be successful in the role.
This position is based in downtown Asheville, NC, but will require travel (max 40%) to The Quartz Corp locations in Spruce Pine, NC and Drag, Norway, as necessary to engage with teams and ensure project success. As such, reliable transportation to North Carolina offices is required. While visiting our industrial/production locations, the ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces in an industrial environment, the ability to respond quickly to sounds, and to wear personal protective gear correctly is required.
All education and experience relevant to the position will be considered, with priority given to candidates who have at least 5 years of relevant system, database, and business process analysis work experience.
Experience with IFS and SAP Webi is preferred.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive. Management retains the right to modify & assign other duties as necessary.